This position is responsible for handling guest vehicles with care, ensuring smooth vehicle flow, and delivering exceptional customer service. The Valet Attendant upholds the property's commitment to luxury and convenience, offering a positive and lasting impression to guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Complete all aspects of valet parking, including guest vehicle handling, traffic flow, and parking logistics
- Record any damage that exists on the guest’s automobile prior to accepting and parking the vehicle
- Return vehicles to the guest in a prompt manner and in the same condition it was in when the guest left it
- Ensure a prompt, courteous, and efficient valet service, offering guests a seamless arrival and departure experience
- Maintain a high standard of professionalism and attentive service
- Ensure efficient parking systems to maximize space and minimize wait times for guests
- Ensure strict adherence to safety protocols and security measures to safeguard guests' vehicles and personal belongings
- Ensure the maintenance and care of valet equipment, such as key storage systems and ticketing machines
- Act as a point of contact for guests, addressing inquiries, and providing assistance with vehicle-related requests
- Handle guest concerns or issues related to valet services with empathy and efficiency, finding timely resolutions or escalating matters to the Assistant Manager of Front Services or relevant management
- Foster positive guest relations by engaging with guests, anticipating their needs, and providing personalized service throughout their valet experience
- Coordinate with other hotel departments, such as the front desk, bell services, and security, to ensure a seamless guest experience
- Assist with administrative duties, such as preparing reports, maintaining records, and coordinating departmental meetings
- Provide a current Nevada Motor Vehicle Report every 6 months
- Temporary or permanent duties and responsibilities may be added to or modified as deemed necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Proven experience as a valet parking attendant or in a similar guest service role within a luxury hotel, high-end resort, or upscale establishment
- Ability to maintain a valid Drivers’ License and clean driving record
- Must be able to drive both manual and automatic transmissions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a polished and professional demeanor
- Customer-centric mindset with a passion for delivering exceptional and personalized guest experiences
- Proficiency in using valet parking systems
- Knowledge of traffic flow management and valet parking best practices
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, holidays, and weekends
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment
This position does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas is committed to ensuring an inclusive space and sense of belonging for our Members. We believe our workforce should reflect the vast diversity of the communities we serve, and that diverse voices should be intentionally integrated into our work. We foster a culture of difference and diversity of identity, experience, and perspective, while actively striving for inclusive behaviors across our Company. By promoting these values and continuously pushing for better, we aim to create a positive work environment that encourages equality, inclusion, empowerment, and respect.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Member must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Member is regularly required to stand and use hands and fingers to handle or utilize objects, tools, or controls. The Member frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
The Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Member could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted secondhand tobacco smoke.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas believes in developing and supporting our talent into the future. Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented Members who are the driving force behind the Company's success. We strive to provide market-competitive compensation. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skill set, considering a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as internal equity and market data alignment.
In alignment with our Company culture, we will strive to communicate openly about the goals of the Company and the design of the compensation program. The compensation process is designed to be fair and simple so that all Members and managers understand the Company's goals and future career development opportunities for upward mobility.
$17 per hour