The Sportsbook Ticket Writer is responsible for creating engaging and informative content related to sports betting. Exceptional writing skills, passion for sports, and ability to deliver compelling content will play a vital role in engaging our sports betting audience, providing valuable insights, and driving customer engagement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Perform writing and payouts of sportsbook tickets
- Operate wagering terminal and perform machine maintenance, including but not limited to loading new tickets and keeping the sportsbook area free of all debris
- Support sportsbook guests by explaining wagering information and answering questions in a manner that reflects an understanding of the department and property in general
- Demonstrate a full understanding of all wagers offered on betting boards with the ability to explain to customers as needed
- Responsible for practicing, supporting, and promoting the Company's Service Standards and standard operating procedures at all times
- Observe and report to the supervisor atypical, unusual, or suspicious wagering patterns or transactions
- Maintain a cash bank, documenting all transactions and balancing the bank at the end of each shift; properly accounts for all transactions and necessary paperwork
- Ensure that all ticket writing and cash information is accurately entered into the point-of-sale electronic and/or manual systems
- Properly processes any voided wagers
- Follow all Company policies and procedures
- Effectively and consistently communicate the Company's sports betting rules and provides betting assistance to guests in accordance with the Company's policies and procedures
- Consistently maintain visibility in guest areas and courteously responds to any guest questions and/or concerns
- Maintain awareness of popular lines and odds in the Sportsbook
- Ensure compliance with all local, county, state and federal regulations
- Safeguard the Company's confidential and privileged information that is obtained as a result of typical working procedures
- Ensure sports operations are conducted in compliance with Nevada Gaming Regulations, minimum internal control standards, and related system of internal controls
- Temporary or permanent duties and responsibilities may be added to or modified as deemed necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in sports writing or sports betting content creation, with a portfolio showcasing your ability to produce engaging and informative content
- Extensive knowledge of various sports, leagues, and events, with a focus on sports betting aspects
- Excellent writing skills, including grammar, style, and the ability to tailor content to different audiences
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and the ability to incorporate keywords strategically into content
- Passion for sports and sports betting, with a desire to stay up-to-date with the latest sports news and betting trends
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, holidays, and weekends
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas is committed to ensuring an inclusive space and sense of belonging for our Members. We believe our workforce should reflect the vast diversity of the communities we serve, and that diverse voices should be intentionally integrated into our work. We foster a culture of difference and diversity of identity, experience, and perspective, while actively striving for inclusive behaviors across our Company. By promoting these values and continuously pushing for better, we aim to create a positive work environment that encourages equality, inclusion, empowerment, and respect.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Member must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Member is regularly required to stand and use hands and fingers to handle or utilize objects, tools, or controls. The Member frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
The Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Member could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted secondhand tobacco smoke.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas believes in developing and supporting our talent into the future. Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented Members who are the driving force behind the Company's success. We strive to provide market-competitive compensation. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skill set, considering a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as internal equity and market data alignment.
In alignment with our Company culture, we will strive to communicate openly about the goals of the Company and the design of the compensation program. The compensation process is designed to be fair and simple so that all Members and managers understand the Company's goals and future career development opportunities for upward mobility.
$17 per hour