The Special Events Assistant Manager is responsible for supporting Special Events Management with creating exceptionally luxurious events that evoke the highest level of service while refining our VIP client loyalty and enhancing the timeless elegance of the Fontainebleau.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Assist and support the Events Manager/Property on all event coordination and execution
- Assist with the financials, timing, and regulations for the events
- Understand all requirements, expectations, and regulations for each event
- Coordinate with vendors and partners during the event planning process to ensure all details of each event are in order
- Assist with event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes
- Assist with ensuring all specifics related to each event are on-site and/or with partners for the successful execution of each event
- Support Management with reviewing, writing, proofing, receiving, and distributing brand collateral
- Research and ultimately input purchase orders for gift ideas, décor concepts, entertainment ideas, emerging artist, and general promotional items
- Maintain an updated inventory of all event-related materials and department owned goods
- Review proposals and itineraries to ensure accuracy
- Assist with executing requirements for décor, entertainment, space, and any other event specific needs
- Aid with the organization of all tasks related to each event, while being aware of both internal and external deadlines
- Maintain accurate event files and expenses and submit final reports in a timely manner
- Communicate accurately and effectively with support departments and outside vendors to ensure all event details are known
- Attend events and actively assist in overall event supervision and act quickly to resolve issues
- Train for third-party employees on event specific SOPs for events as deemed necessary
- Temporary or permanent duties and responsibilities may be added to or modified as deemed necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- One (1) or more years of experience in event coordination and/or a proven track record of organizing successful events
- Experience in special events, event planning, or promotions for a large-scale resort preferred
- Knowledge of event design, live events, experiences, trends, and innovation, with the ability to apply this insight to the creation of events and experiences
- Extraordinary attention to detail, while working under tight deadlines
- Skilled at interacting and communicating effectively with all levels of management and staff, promoters, suppliers, guests, and visitors
- Must have a professional demeanor and remain calm under high pressure situations
- Strong multitasking skills and adapt to quickly changing situations
- Strong problem solving skills
- Critical and creative thinking skills
- Deadline orientated with effective time management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess a high sense of urgency and be a self starter
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
- Excellent vendor relationship skills
- This position requires a flexible with work schedule; weekend work is often required
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to provide leadership and direction contributing to the success of the organization through engaging, developing, and mentoring individuals and teams
- Ability to resolve problems to the satisfaction of both the guest and the company
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule to include holidays, nights, and weekends
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment
This position will assist with overseeing and training on temporary third-party employees.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas is committed to ensuring an inclusive space and sense of belonging for our Members. We believe our workforce should reflect the vast diversity of the communities we serve, and that diverse voices should be intentionally integrated into our work. We foster a culture of difference and diversity of identity, experience, and perspective, while actively striving for inclusive behaviors across our Company. By promoting these values and continuously pushing for better, we aim to create a positive work environment that encourages equality, inclusion, empowerment, and respect.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Member must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Member is regularly required to stand and use hands and fingers to handle or utilize objects, tools, or controls. The Member frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
The Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces. The member must also be able to stand, walk and move for an extended period.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Member could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted secondhand tobacco smoke.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas believes in developing and supporting our talent into the future. Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented Members who are the driving force behind the Company's success. We strive to provide market-competitive compensation. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skill set, considering a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as internal equity and market data alignment.
In alignment with our Company culture, we will strive to communicate openly about the goals of the Company and the design of the compensation program. The compensation process is designed to be fair and simple so that all Members and managers understand the Company's goals and future career development opportunities for upward mobility.