Spa & Wellness
The Spa Host is a customer-oriented individual who oversees the front desk and guest relations within the spa or wellness center. The main responsibility of the Lead Spa Host is to ensure that all guests receive a warm welcome, efficient check-in and check-out process, and outstanding service throughout their visit. Additionally, the Lead Spa Host will provide the first line of communication between spa leadership and host / linen runner teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Welcome and interact with guests as they enter and exit the facility
- Provide a luxury experience while engaging conversations with guests and members
- Ensure that all spa facilities are neat, clean, and well stocked
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of facility products, features, and amenities
- Provide all guests with tours of the facilities and lay out the features and benefits of facilities
- Issue all guests with a locker, robe, and spa slippers
- Review guest appointments/schedules and assist guest with escorting to where they will be picked up/returned for/from their treatments
- Be able to assist guests with all questions and booking requests while they are in the spa
- Be able to assist in other areas of the spa as needed without being prompted to do so
- Provide accurate, appropriate, and immediate responses to all guest requests; Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction
- Attend and participate in support training and staff meetings
- Ensure all Fontainebleau core values, property and department standards are implemented and applied
- Attend and participate in support training and staff meetings
- Temporary or permanent duties and responsibilities may be added to or modified as deemed necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Experience in a similar role for a high-luxury salon and spa preferred
- Experience in high-volume luxury spa or resort preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Polished appearance and demeanor
- Excellent guest and Member skills
- Effective time management skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Extraordinary attention to detail, while working under tight deadlines
- Ability to resolve problems to the satisfaction of both the guest and the company
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule to include holidays, nights, and weekends
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment
This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas is committed to ensuring an inclusive space and sense of belonging for our Members. We believe our workforce should reflect the vast diversity of the communities we serve, and that diverse voices should be intentionally integrated into our work. We foster a culture of difference and diversity of identity, experience, and perspective, while actively striving for inclusive behaviors across our Company. By promoting these values and continuously pushing for better, we aim to create a positive work environment that encourages equality, inclusion, empowerment, and respect.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Member must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Member is regularly required to stand and use hands and fingers to handle or utilize objects, tools, or controls. The Member frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
The Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Member could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted secondhand tobacco smoke.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas believes in developing and supporting our talent into the future. Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented Members who are the driving force behind the Company's success. We strive to provide market-competitive compensation. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skill set, considering a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as internal equity and market data alignment.
In alignment with our Company culture, we will strive to communicate openly about the goals of the Company and the design of the compensation program. The compensation process is designed to be fair and simple so that all Members and managers understand the Company's goals and future career development opportunities for upward mobility.
$15.00 per hour