As a Senior Internal Auditor, you will assist internal audit management in assessing the Company’s compliance with industry regulations, standards, policies, and best practices using your analytical skills, attention to detail, and verbal and written communications. Your independent and objective assessments will help promote a strong financial and operational control environment across the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Assist Internal audit management in completing the risk-based audit plan by performing regulatory, financial, and operational audits and assessments in accordance with professional internal auditing standards, Nevada Gaming Control Board Minimum Internal Controls (MICS), internal controls over financial reporting, and Company policies
- Prepare and maintain written documentation and work papers (e.g., audit reports, checklists, test procedures, walkthroughs, observations, etc.), including audit objectives, scope, conclusions, recommendations, and resolution of audit findings
- Oversee the performance of audit field work and training of internal auditors, including review of workpapers, monitor project hours, and provide performance feedback
- Assist internal audit management in the preparation of the audit plan, audit reports, presentations, risk assessment, and/or other department tasks
- Promote the internal audit function though adherence to the professional practice of internal auditing, code of ethics, mission, independence, and objectivity
- Temporary or permanent duties and responsibilities may be added to or modified as deemed necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree (or advanced degree) in a business-related field, major or concentration in accounting, finance, audit, information systems, or hospitality is preferred
- A minimum of two years of progressive work experience in internal audit, public accounting, government, or operational auditing, and/or other relevant regulatory/compliance experience
- Possess or pursuing an industry certification (e.g., CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA, ACAMS, etc.) preferred
- Experience using data analytics tools or methods to perform audit steps, automated procedures, or continuous monitoring
- Knowledge of financial statements, business processes, and/or regulatory/compliance environments
- Strong written communication skills (e.g., report writing, audit documentation, review notes, email, etc.).
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective verbal communication in 1-on-1, small group, or large group settings
- Organize, plan, and manage multiple audit projects and department tasks in a changing environment
- Lead internal auditors in performing audit projects and department tasks
- Build quality working relationships across the Company among all levels of Members while exemplifying and promoting the internal audit function within the organization
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas is committed to ensuring an inclusive space and sense of belonging for our Members. We believe our workforce should reflect the vast diversity of the communities we serve, and that diverse voices should be intentionally integrated into our work. We foster a culture of difference and diversity of identity, experience, and perspective, while actively striving for inclusive behaviors across our Company. By promoting these values and continuously pushing for better, we aim to create a positive work environment that encourages equality, inclusion, empowerment, and respect.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Member must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Member is regularly required to stand and use hands and fingers to handle or utilize objects, tools, or controls. The Member frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
The Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Member could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted secondhand tobacco smoke.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas believes in developing and supporting our talent into the future. Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented Members who are the driving force behind the Company's success. We strive to provide market-competitive compensation. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skill set, considering a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as internal equity and market data alignment.
In alignment with our Company culture, we will strive to communicate openly about the goals of the Company and the design of the compensation program. The compensation process is designed to be fair and simple so that all Members and managers understand the Company's goals and future career development opportunities for upward mobility.
$70000.00 per year - $85000.00 per year