A Room Attendant is a crucial member of the housekeeping team responsible for ensuring that guest rooms and suites are maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness and comfort. Attention to detail and dedication to creating a welcoming environment for our guests will contribute to their overall satisfaction and experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Perform thorough cleaning of guest rooms and suites, including dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, and polishing all surfaces to uphold the highest cleanliness standards
- Ensure that furniture, fixtures, and decorative items are properly cleaned and arranged to enhance the visual appeal of each room
- Make beds to perfection, ensuring that linens are crisply laundered, neatly tucked, and invitingly arranged to provide guests with a sense of comfort and luxury
- Inspect bedding for any signs of wear or damage and report issues promptly
- Thoroughly clean and disinfect bathroom fixtures, countertops, mirrors, and surfaces to maintain a hygienic environment for guests
- Replace used amenities, towels, and linens with fresh, neatly folded ones to ensure a seamless guest experience
- Methodically check and restock in-room amenities such as toiletries and drinking glasses to ensure that guests have everything they need for a comfortable stay
- Monitor inventory levels and promptly communicate shortages to management
- Interact with guests in a courteous and professional manner, responding to their inquiries, requests, and special preferences with genuine enthusiasm and a willingness to exceed expectations
- Inspect each room for maintenance issues, such as malfunctioning equipment or fixtures, and promptly report findings to the housekeeping supervisor for timely resolution
- Maintain accurate records of completed tasks and any additional services provided to guests
- Work collaboratively with fellow housekeeping members to ensure efficient room turnover and uphold consistent standards of cleanliness and presentation
- Assist colleagues during peak times and support members when needed
- Conduct thorough inspections of guest rooms to ensure that they meet the resort's meticulous cleanliness and presentation standards before being made available to guests
- Present a polished and professional appearance, adhering to the resort's grooming and uniform standards at all times
- Display a positive attitude and excellent communication skills while interacting with both guests and fellow team members
- Temporary or permanent duties and responsibilities may be added to or modified as deemed necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Able to multitask and handle stressful situations in a calm professional manner and exhibit good judgment
- Ability to present oneself in a confident, polished, and professional manner
- Highly motivated and energetic personality with a strong commitment to excellence in hospitality
- Excellent organizational skills; be able to function under time constraints and deadlines with attention to detail
- Physical capability to perform tasks that involve lifting, carrying, and bending
- Other physical requirements include but are not limited to kneeling, reaching, stooping, bending, scrubbing, sweeping, vacuuming, and dusting
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques and sanitation practices, including the use of cleaning chemicals and equipment
- Familiarity with eco-friendly cleaning practices and initiatives
- Willingness to undergo additional training in hospitality service and housekeeping procedures
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, holidays, and weekends
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas is committed to ensuring an inclusive space and sense of belonging for our Members. We believe our workforce should reflect the vast diversity of the communities we serve, and that diverse voices should be intentionally integrated into our work. We foster a culture of difference and diversity of identity, experience, and perspective, while actively striving for inclusive behaviors across our Company. By promoting these values and continuously pushing for better, we aim to create a positive work environment that encourages equality, inclusion, empowerment, and respect.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Member must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Member is regularly required to stand and use hands and fingers to handle or utilize objects, tools, or controls. The Member frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
The Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Member could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted secondhand tobacco smoke.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas believes in developing and supporting our talent into the future. Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented Members who are the driving force behind the Company's success. We strive to provide market-competitive compensation. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skill set, considering a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as internal equity and market data alignment.
In alignment with our Company culture, we will strive to communicate openly about the goals of the Company and the design of the compensation program. The compensation process is designed to be fair and simple so that all Members and managers understand the Company's goals and future career development opportunities for upward mobility.
$22.37 per hour