Spa & Wellness
Prep Attendant primary responsibility will be to assist in preparing treatment rooms and maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene of spa equipment. Your attention to detail and organization will contribute to creating a relaxing and comfortable environment for our spa guests. Additionally, you will collaborate with the spa therapists and support staff to ensure that treatment rooms are fully stocked with necessary supplies, enhancing the overall spa experience for our valued guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Prepare treatment rooms before guest appointments, ensuring they are clean, tidy, and equipped with fresh linens, towels, and other necessary supplies
- Clean and sanitize spa equipment, including massage tables, steam rooms, saunas, and other treatment tools, following established protocols
- Assist in managing spa supplies and inventory, notifying the Spa Manager or Spa Supervisor when supplies need replenishing
- Regularly check treatment rooms and other spa areas for supplies, restocking as needed to ensure smooth operations
- Ensure guest amenities, such as drinking water, are readily available and well-stocked in designated areas
- Assist with collecting used linens and towels and sending them to the laundry area for washing and folding
- Collaborate with the spa cleaning staff to maintain cleanliness and hygiene in all spa areas, including treatment rooms, lounges, and restrooms
- Be attentive to guest needs, promptly addressing any requests for additional supplies or assistance during their spa visit
- Assist spa therapists and support staff with any preparatory tasks or special requirements for treatments
- Adhere to all health and safety regulations related to spa equipment, cleanliness, and hygiene
- Temporary or permanent duties and responsibilities may be added to or modified as deemed necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably in a spa or hospitality setting, is advantageous
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills to maintain a well-prepared and clean spa environment
- Physical fitness and ability to lift and carry supplies and equipment
- Positive attitude and a customer-focused mindset to ensure guest satisfaction
- Excellent communication skills to coordinate effectively with spa therapists and support staff
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, holidays, and weekends
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas is committed to ensuring an inclusive space and sense of belonging for our Members. We believe our workforce should reflect the vast diversity of the communities we serve, and that diverse voices should be intentionally integrated into our work. We foster a culture of difference and diversity of identity, experience, and perspective, while actively striving for inclusive behaviors across our Company. By promoting these values and continuously pushing for better, we aim to create a positive work environment that encourages equality, inclusion, empowerment, and respect.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Member must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Member is regularly required to stand and use hands and fingers to handle or utilize objects, tools, or controls. The Member frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
The Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Member could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted secondhand tobacco smoke.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas believes in developing and supporting our talent into the future. Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented Members who are the driving force behind the Company's success. We strive to provide market-competitive compensation. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skill set, considering a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as internal equity and market data alignment.
In alignment with our Company culture, we will strive to communicate openly about the goals of the Company and the design of the compensation program. The compensation process is designed to be fair and simple so that all Members and managers understand the Company's goals and future career development opportunities for upward mobility.
$19 per hour