Food & Beverage
The Cook, Pastry is responsible for assisting all the chefs from pastry department, and all supporting venues and outlets across the resort. This position will assist with the daily preparation of all baked goods and pastries across food and beverage outlets and banquets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Prepare a variety of baked goods Follows and executes all plate and food items according to company specifications
- Decorate and present pastries and baked goods in a tasteful and beautiful way
- Keep the Executive Pastry Chef and Executive Pastry Sous Chef informed of all pertinent information and any irregularities occurring in the bake shop operation
- Ensuring food quality according to department standards and ensuring the cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment in accordance with Health Department standards.
- Temporary or permanent duties and responsibilities may be added to or modified as deemed necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- 2 years’ experience in a high volume/high quality pastry production kitchen, familiar with classic and modern techniques preferred
- Some knowledge in artistic sugar and chocolate making, creative and passionate
- A culinary/pastry training degree is preferred, but a not required
- Requires the ability to work efficiently and within a team environment
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends
- Work in a creative , fast paced, environment
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance with policies and procedures, statutory requirements regarding health and safety, sanitation, proper chemical usage, fire procedures, and HACCP
- Complete knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Excellent organizational skills; be able to function under time constraints and deadlines with attention to detail
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, holidays, and weekends
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment with high call volume
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas is committed to ensuring an inclusive space and sense of belonging for our Members. We believe our workforce should reflect the vast diversity of the communities we serve, and that diverse voices should be intentionally integrated into our work. We foster a culture of difference and diversity of identity, experience, and perspective, while actively striving for inclusive behaviors across our Company. By promoting these values and continuously pushing for better, we aim to create a positive work environment that encourages equality, inclusion, empowerment, and respect.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Member must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Member is regularly required to stand and use hands and fingers to handle or utilize objects, tools, or controls. The Member frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
The Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Member could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted secondhand tobacco smoke.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas believes in developing and supporting our talent into the future. Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented Members who are the driving force behind the Company's success. We strive to provide market-competitive compensation. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skill set, considering a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as internal equity and market data alignment.
In alignment with our Company culture, we will strive to communicate openly about the goals of the Company and the design of the compensation program. The compensation process is designed to be fair and simple so that all Members and managers understand the Company's goals and future career development opportunities for upward mobility.
$24.62 per hour