Spa & Wellness
The Nail Specialist position is responsible for providing luxurious treatments while delivering a unique experience to each guest whilst maintaining a high-level guest service for the overall spa journey.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Perform a variety of nail care services, including manicures, pedicures, nail shaping, cuticle care, and nail extensions (if applicable)
- Ensure high-quality services are delivered with attention to sanitation and safety
- Create and apply nail art and designs, including intricate patterns, decals, and embellishments, to meet guests' preferences and trends
- Stay updated on the latest nail art techniques and designs
- Consult with guests to understand their nail care needs and preferences
- Provide professional recommendations for nail care treatments and products
- Adhere to strict sanitation and sterilization protocols for tools and equipment
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Stay informed about nail care products, including polishes, gels, treatments, and tools
- Offer expert advice to guests on proper nail care and maintenance
- Promote and upsell nail care products and additional services to enhance the guest experience
- Assist in other areas of the spa as needed including reception and spa areas as needed
- Ensure that the salon is neat, clean, and well stocked
- Ensure to keep equipment in working condition and report any damage and/or broken equipment to leadership
- Welcome and interact with guests as they enter and exit the facility
- Provide a luxury experience while engaging conversations with guests
- Provide accurate, appropriate, and immediate responses to all guest comments, concerns, and/or requests; Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction
- Attend and participate in support training and staff meetings
- Ensure all Fontainebleau core values, property, department standards are implemented and applied.
- Participate in ongoing training and workshops to enhance skills and stay current with industry trends.
- Temporary or permanent duties and responsibilities may be added to or modified as deemed necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Valid Nevada Nail Specialist license or certification required
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a nail specialist in high-volume luxury spa or resort
- Proficiency in a variety of nail care services and nail art techniques
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Creativity and attention to detail in nail art and design
- Knowledge of nail care products and trends
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced spa environment
- Knowledge of sanitation and safety regulations in the nail industry
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Polished appearance and demeanor
- Excellent guest and team member skills
- Effective time management skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Extraordinary attention to detail, while working under tight deadlines
- Ability to resolve problems to the satisfaction of both the guest and the company
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule to include nights and weekends
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas is committed to ensuring an inclusive space and sense of belonging for our Members. We believe our workforce should reflect the vast diversity of the communities we serve, and that diverse voices should be intentionally integrated into our work. We foster a culture of difference and diversity of identity, experience, and perspective, while actively striving for inclusive behaviors across our Company. By promoting these values and continuously pushing for better, we aim to create a positive work environment that encourages equality, inclusion, empowerment, and respect.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Member must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Member is regularly required to stand and use hands and fingers to handle or utilize objects, tools, or controls. The Member frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
The Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Member could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted secondhand tobacco smoke.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas believes in developing and supporting our talent into the future. Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented Members who are the driving force behind the Company's success. We strive to provide market-competitive compensation. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skill set, considering a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as internal equity and market data alignment.
In alignment with our Company culture, we will strive to communicate openly about the goals of the Company and the design of the compensation program. The compensation process is designed to be fair and simple so that all Members and managers understand the Company's goals and future career development opportunities for upward mobility.
This role is 100% commission. Additionally, we offer a competitive training rate during the initial training period to support your learning and development.