The Lobby Ambassador position serves as a gracious host, providing personalized assistance, and enhancing the overall guest experience. The Lobby Ambassador ensures a warm and welcoming atmosphere in the lobby area while attending to guest needs and coordinating with various hotel departments to deliver unmatched service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Warmly welcome guests as they arrive at the hotel, offering a friendly and professional greeting, and providing a positive first impression
- Create a warm and inviting ambiance in the lobby area, ensuring it remains clean, well-organized, and aesthetically pleasing at all times
- Monitor and track wait times in the lobby and actively advising if elongated wait times occur
- Attend to guest needs promptly and professionally, assisting with luggage, escorting guests to their rooms, and providing assistance with check-in and check-out procedures
- Identify and recognize VIP and regular guests, extending personalized services and amenities to enhance their stay
- Maintain a vigilant presence in the lobby to ensure the safety and security of guests and the property, reporting any suspicious activities or incidents
- Foster positive guest relations by proactively engaging with guests, anticipating their needs, and providing attentive service throughout their stay
- Assist in coordinating special events, meetings, and group arrivals, ensuring a seamless experience for attendees
- Collaborate with other hotel departments, such as front desk, housekeeping, and food and beverage, to meet guest requirements and maintain smooth operations
- Handle guest concerns or complaints professionally and diplomatically, finding timely resolutions or escalating matters to the appropriate management
- Promote hotel amenities, services, and promotions to guests, encouraging additional revenue generation
- Maintain a working knowledge of the property, as well as special events on and near the property, in order to advise guests of the same, whenever possible
- Respond to guest requests or inquiries courteously and providing timely follow up
- Assist in creating memorable experiences for guest by welcoming them to the hotel and expediting the check in/out process
- Communicate with leadership to advise if staffing at the desk is hindering guest experience and wait times.
- Assist Members within the Front Desk area as needed
- Temporary or permanent duties and responsibilities may be added to or modified as deemed necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Additional education in hospitality management or a related field is advantageous
- Proven experience in a customer-facing role within the hotel, luxury retail, or high-end service industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a polished and gracious demeanor
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities to attend to guest needs and coordinate various tasks effectively
- Customer-centric mindset with a passion for delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Proficiency in using office software, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of local attractions, events, and cultural offerings to provide informed recommendations to guests
- Attention to detail to anticipate and fulfill guest needs and preferences
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as required by hotel operations
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, holidays, and weekends
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas is committed to ensuring an inclusive space and sense of belonging for our Members. We believe our workforce should reflect the vast diversity of the communities we serve, and that diverse voices should be intentionally integrated into our work. We foster a culture of difference and diversity of identity, experience, and perspective, while actively striving for inclusive behaviors across our Company. By promoting these values and continuously pushing for better, we aim to create a positive work environment that encourages equality, inclusion, empowerment, and respect.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Member must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Member is regularly required to stand and use hands and fingers to handle or utilize objects, tools, or controls. The Member frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
The Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Member could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted secondhand tobacco smoke.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas believes in developing and supporting our talent into the future. Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented Members who are the driving force behind the Company's success. We strive to provide market-competitive compensation. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skill set, considering a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as internal equity and market data alignment.
In alignment with our Company culture, we will strive to communicate openly about the goals of the Company and the design of the compensation program. The compensation process is designed to be fair and simple so that all Members and managers understand the Company's goals and future career development opportunities for upward mobility.