The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for overseeing the housekeeping operations of our property. The primary objective is to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness, guest and Member satisfaction, and efficiency in all housekeeping tasks. This role will lead and supervise a team of housekeeping staff, demonstrate attention to detail, and provide exceptional service for a positive guest experience including enhanced Member engagement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Manage the daily activities of assigned work areas to include appropriate cleaning of all room types, corridors, storage areas, ice machines, locker rooms, hallways, stairwells, and all relevant areas to ensure the highest degree of guest satisfaction.
- Lead and supervise the housekeeping staff providing guidance, feedback, and support for performance consistency and adherence to protocols.
- Participate in the interview and selection of new Members.
- Conduct regular inspections of guest rooms and public areas maintaining a high level of cleanliness with adherence to the brand standards.
- Regularly updates hourly Members on the latest policies and procedures within the company and department.
- Oversee the inventory of housekeeping supplies, linens, and amenities for proper storage, distribution, and reordering when necessary.
- Recommend new equipment and amenities to adhere within the safety and service guidelines and expectations.
- Assist in budget planning for the housekeeping department and monitor expenses to maintain cost efficiency.
- Address guest feedback and concerns related to housekeeping promptly and take appropriate actions to resolve issues.
- Seeks opportunities to enhance Member and guest experiences.
- Effectively counsel and discipline Members that violate department policies, practices, or procedures.
- Participate in performance reviews and regularly provide feedback to Members.
- Follow safety protocols including proper handling of cleaning chemicals and adherence to OSHA standards.
- Collaborate and communicate with other departments such as front office and engineering.
- Elevate individual and departmental performance for all Members.
- Open and flexible for temporary or permanent duties. Responsibilities may be added to or modified as deemed necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are a representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressive housekeeping management experience in a large luxury resort.
- Preferred experience with opening a 3,000 plus room property.
- Knowledge and deep understanding of all aspects of the hotel operations and housekeeping division functions.
- Union experience.
- Able to multitask and handle stressful situations in a calm professional manner and exhibit good judgment.
- Experience with managing schedules, labor standards, and service recoveries.
- Ability to lead, mentor and hold Members accountable.
- Preferred knowledge of Forbes Travel Guide training.
- Bilingual English and Spanish language proficiency is a plus.
- Must present oneself in a confident, polished, well groomed, and professional manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook, HotSOS, Rex, and other software used for Housekeeping.
- Knowledge of pertinent labor laws and regulations related to OSHA.
- Highly motivated and energetic personality with a strong commitment to excellence in hospitality.
- Effectively achieves business unit goals and objectives by implementing strategic and operational plans, budgets, and best practices; and monitoring and evaluating results.
- Actively influences and drives collaboration with individuals or groups at various levels within and outside of the organization.
- Provides leadership and direction contributing to the success of the organization through engaging, developing, mentoring, and elevating all Members.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain consistent and high-quality service levels.
- Possesses strong leadership skills by effectively organizing, delegating responsibilities, rapid problem solving, and clear communication.
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and verbal forms.
- Excellent organizational skills; be able to function under time constraints and deadlines with attention to detail.
- Must have open availability to work a flexible schedule that may include nights, holidays, and weekends.
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment.
This position supervises Room Attendants and Housepersons.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas is committed to ensuring an inclusive space and sense of belonging for our Members. We believe our workforce should reflect the vast diversity of the communities we serve, and that diverse voices should be intentionally integrated into our work. We foster a culture of difference and diversity of identity, experience, and perspective, while actively striving for inclusive behaviors across our Company. By promoting these values and continuously pushing for better, we aim to create a positive work environment that encourages equality, inclusion, empowerment, and respect.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Member must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Member is regularly required to stand and use hands and fingers to handle or utilize objects, tools, or controls. The Member frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
The Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representative of those Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Member could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted secondhand tobacco smoke.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas believes in developing and supporting our talent into the future. Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented Members who are the driving force behind the Company's success. We strive to provide market-competitive compensation. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skill set, considering a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as internal equity and market data alignment.
In alignment with our Company culture, we will strive to communicate openly about the goals of the Company and the design of the compensation program. The compensation process is designed to be fair and simple so that all Members and managers understand the Company's goals and future career development opportunities for upward mobility.
$50000 per year - $60000 per year