The Housekeeping Dispatcher answers inbound telephone calls to the Housekeeping department from our Members and logs information regarding problems/situations which require prompt attention, guest service requests, and assists in the assigning of rooms to the Guest Room Attendants. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property practices, policies, and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides exceptional, courteous, friendly service to guests and Members that puts us ahead of our competitors
- Be knowledgeable of the hotel, the hotel staff and hotel services
- Always maintain a clean work area
- Compile and distribute management-provided reports to various departments as needed
- Handle all guest service calls as quickly, efficiently, and courteously as possible. Making sure all calls, work orders, requests, and related information is completely tracked as established by department procedures.
- Send and receive communication through a variety of communication devices for the Housekeeping department.
- Accurately receive, communicate, and record communication information with various departments on the status of rooms, guest requests, and all pertinent housekeeping information
- Generate room status and other housekeeping related reports on regular intervals
- Assign rooms to Guest Room Attendants when needed
- Report all safety and security concerns
- Take ownership of situations or tasks by fully understanding the issues, asking for help as needed, communicating progress and completion effectively and efficiently
- Oversee department pest control program
- In charge of asset management, including charging, inventorying, issuance and retrieval to Members and IT
- Monitor panic button dashboard
- Coordinate the guest and Executive laundry and dry-cleaning process
- Check with Manager for any projects and additional tasks
- Temporary or permanent duties and responsibilities may be added to or modified as deemed necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Able to multitask and handle stressful situations in a calm professional manner and exhibit good judgment
- Ability to present oneself in a confident, polished, and professional manner
- Highly motivated and energetic personality with a strong commitment to excellence in hospitality
- Excellent organizational skills; be able to function under time constraints and deadlines with attention to detail
- Knowledge in using different hotel systems such as Outlook, Microsoft word, Microsoft Excel, HotSOS/Rex, preferred
- Be able to type at least 30 words per minute
- Have an excellent customer service, sustainability and diversity, equality and inclusion
- Be able to take clear messages, deal with upset customers, be able to transfer call to the right departments or person
- Ability to perform basic math
- Ability to be productive in a high traffic environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Bilingual is a plus
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, holidays, and weekends
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment
Fontainebleau Las Vegas is committed to ensuring an inclusive space and sense of belonging for our Members. We believe our workforce should reflect the vast diversity of the communities we serve, and that diverse voices should be intentionally integrated into our work. We foster a culture of difference and diversity of identity, experience, and perspective, while actively striving for inclusive behaviors across our Company. By promoting these values and continuously pushing for better, we aim to create a positive work environment that encourages equality, inclusion, empowerment, and respect.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Member is regularly required to stand and use hands and fingers to handle or utilize objects, tools, or controls. The Member frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
The Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Member could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted secondhand tobacco smoke.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas believes in developing and supporting our talent into the future. Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented Members who are the driving force behind the Company's success. We strive to provide market-competitive compensation. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skill set, considering a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as internal equity and market data alignment.
In alignment with our Company culture, we will strive to communicate openly about the goals of the Company and the design of the compensation program. The compensation process is designed to be fair and simple so that all Members and managers understand the Company's goals and future career development opportunities for upward mobility.
$23.53 per hour