Facilities & Engineering
The Facility Manager is responsible for managing a team of maintenance workers, ensuring that all repairs and projects are completed on time and to a high standard, and conducting regular inspections of the property to identify areas in need of improvement. This position is also responsible for supervising Members, and coordinating with other departments to ensure that the facility's needs are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Manage the operation of each assigned shift
- Participate in the interviewing, selection and management of Members
- Coordinate with all managers and department heads on special events and projects assigned during the respective shift
- Monitor and ensure the productivity level of personnel is maintained
- Maintain Member staffing and scheduling pertaining to the shift of responsibility
- Responsible for following up on engineering issues that are transferred from shift to shift
- Manage and coordinate general maintenance activities, such as filter changes, backflow preventers, oiling, and greasing of equipment
- Attend weekly supervisor meetings
- Act as emergency response coordinator in the event of an emergency; notify appropriate levels and related parties (i.e. Nevada Power)
- Direct and coordinate with outside contractors performing work on back shifts to determine root of problem and ensure resolution
- Ensure that Members maintain valid/active licensing for their specific job/role
- Work closely and collaborate with other departments
- Maintain a clean DMV record
- Provide a current Nevada Motor Vehicle Report every 6 months
- Immediately notify department leader of any changes to the Nevada Driver’s License status
- Temporary or permanent duties and responsibilities may be added to or modified as deemed necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Two (2) years prior experience in general maintenance for a large-scale resort and casino
- HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, and Lighting knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of General maintenance skills required
- Proven experience/knowledge of CMMS systems
- Must display and maintain a sense of urgency regarding all business
- Handles multiple tasks and works a variety of shifts necessary to complete assigned projects
- Knowledge and skill in the safe use of hand and power tools and other materials required to perform repair and maintenance tasks
- Must have good computer skills to maneuver within computer programs on a network, including working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Must be able to maintain a monthly budget within the limits provided by the Director
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematic drawings, and specifications
- Ability to handle independent work responsibility and with good judgment
- Have working knowledge in the maintenance and operations of refrigerator systems
- Ability to actively influence and drive collaboration with individuals or groups at various levels within and outside of the organization
- Strong working knowledge of OSHA General Industry Statutes and Regulations
- Ability to provide leadership and direction contributing to the success of the organization through engaging, developing, and mentoring individuals and teams
- Knowledge of safe working practices for the maintenance trades, including regulatory requirements
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices
- Demonstrated ability in maintaining consistent, high-quality service levels
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly, and communicate clearly
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule to include holidays, nights, and weekends
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment
This position supervises positions including but not limited to, engineers, plumbers, and welders assigned to their respective shift.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas is committed to ensuring an inclusive space and sense of belonging for our Members. We believe our workforce should reflect the vast diversity of the communities we serve, and that diverse voices should be intentionally integrated into our work. We foster a culture of difference and diversity of identity, experience, and perspective, while actively striving for inclusive behaviors across our Company. By promoting these values and continuously pushing for better, we aim to create a positive work environment that encourages equality, inclusion, empowerment, and respect.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Member must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Member is regularly required to stand and use hands and fingers to handle or utilize objects, tools, or controls. The Member frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
The Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, This Member is also required to transport, push, pull, and maneuver items weighing up to 100 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Member could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted secondhand tobacco smoke.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas believes in developing and supporting our talent into the future. Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented Members who are the driving force behind the Company's success. We strive to provide market-competitive compensation. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skill set, considering a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as internal equity and market data alignment.
In alignment with our Company culture, we will strive to communicate openly about the goals of the Company and the design of the compensation program. The compensation process is designed to be fair and simple so that all Members and managers understand the Company's goals and future career development opportunities for upward mobility.