Food & Beverage
The Convention Porter is primarily responsible for efficiently retrieving, gathering, and relocating all equipment and materials needed for the setup of all banquet events and internal property events, including those events outside of our normal convention space to include but not limited to the Theater, the pool, the Day Club, and the Night Club, all FOH and BOH areas, the warehouse, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Retrieve, gather, and relocate all equipment and materials needed for the setup of all banquet events
- Provide prompt, courteous service to banquet guests while maintaining a friendly and pleasant atmosphere
- Provide quality service to both internal and external guests, specifically maintaining established quality standards for timely banquet service
- Maintain safe and sanitary conditions in all banquet service areas and for all banquet service equipment
- Assist other banquet Members when needed
- Perform side work and other duties, including but not limited to cleaning duties such as vacuuming, dusting, trash removal, sweeping, wiping down, etc., organizing duties such as organizing storage rooms, BOH areas, etc.
- Maintain uniform in good condition and report to work in authorized uniform as mandated by organization
- Maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance in compliance with departmental and company dress code standards
- Clearly communicates with management via radio when called upon in a timely manner Temporary or permanent duties and responsibilities may be added to or modified as deemed necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Basic knowledge and understanding of inventory procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate in English
- Excellent customer service skills
- Polished appearance and demeanor
- Ability to obtain and maintain full knowledge and understanding of company and department rules and regulations, policies and procedures
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from other Members or guests
- Excellent organizational skills; be able to function under time constraints and deadlines with attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality to sensitive information
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule to include nights and weekends
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas is committed to ensuring an inclusive space and sense of belonging for our Members. We believe our workforce should reflect the vast diversity of the communities we serve, and that diverse voices should be intentionally integrated into our work. We foster a culture of difference and diversity of identity, experience, and perspective, while actively striving for inclusive behaviors across our Company. By promoting these values and continuously pushing for better, we aim to create a positive work environment that encourages equality, inclusion, empowerment, and respect.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Member must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Member is regularly required to stand and use hands and fingers to handle or utilize objects, tools, or controls. The Member frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
The Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Member could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted secondhand tobacco smoke.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas believes in developing and supporting our talent into the future. Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented Members who are the driving force behind the Company's success. We strive to provide market-competitive compensation. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skill set, considering a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as internal equity and market data alignment.
In alignment with our Company culture, we will strive to communicate openly about the goals of the Company and the design of the compensation program. The compensation process is designed to be fair and simple so that all Members and managers understand the Company's goals and future career development opportunities for upward mobility.
$20.21 per hour