The Casino Host is responsible for creating an on-floor presence servicing casino guests, while building brand loyalty and relationships through property programing. The Casino Host will assist in setting up guest accommodations and servicing them throughout their stay. The Casino Host will evaluate rated table and slot play and advise of available complimentaries based on company guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with high-value guests, ensuring personalized service and attention to their needs
- Greet and interact with guests on the casino floor, providing exceptional customer service and resolving any issues or concerns they may have
- Proactively approach and engage with players, offering assistance, answering questions, and providing information on available casino amenities and promotions
- Identify and recruit potential high-value players, monitoring their gaming activity and offering tailored incentives to encourage continued loyalty and increased play
- Host casino events and promotional activities targeting VIP customers, coordinating arrangements, and ensuring a seamless experience
- Regularly communicate with VIP players via phone, email, and in-person to provide updates on upcoming events, personalized offers, and other relevant information
- Collaborate with casino management to establish revenue goals and develop strategies to meet or exceed them
- Utilize customer relationship management (CRM) tools and databases to track and analyze guest preferences, gaming patterns, and revenue potential
- Identify opportunities for cross-selling and upselling various amenities, such as dining, entertainment, and hotel accommodations, to maximize guest spending
- Handle guest complaints or concerns promptly and effectively, ensuring a satisfactory resolution and maintaining a positive relationship with the guest
- Work closely with relevant departments, such as security and surveillance, to address any issues related to guest behavior, disputes, or violations of casino policies
- Assist in the planning and execution of casino events, tournaments, and promotions targeted at VIP players
- Coordinate logistics, including reservations, transportation, accommodations, and entertainment arrangements, to provide a seamless and enjoyable experience for guests
- Temporary or permanent duties and responsibilities may be added to or modified as deemed necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality, business, marketing, or a related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a Casino Host, or similar position or two years of experience involving guest contact in a high volume, luxury, complex resort
- Must be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with high-value guests and VIPs
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of casino operations and marketing strategies is preferred
- Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively achieve business unit goals and objectives by implementing strategic and operational plans, budgets, and best practices; and monitoring and evaluating results
- Ability to actively influence and drive collaboration with individuals or groups at various levels within and outside of the organization
- Demonstrated ability in maintaining consistent, high-quality service levels
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive guest and company information
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule to include holidays, nights, and weekends
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas is committed to ensuring an inclusive space and sense of belonging for our Members. We believe our workforce should reflect the vast diversity of the communities we serve, and that diverse voices should be intentionally integrated into our work. We foster a culture of difference and diversity of identity, experience, and perspective, while actively striving for inclusive behaviors across our Company. By promoting these values and continuously pushing for better, we aim to create a positive work environment that encourages equality, inclusion, empowerment, and respect.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Member must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Member is regularly required to stand and use hands and fingers to handle or utilize objects, tools, or controls. The Member frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
The Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Member could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted secondhand tobacco smoke.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas believes in developing and supporting our talent into the future. Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented Members who are the driving force behind the Company's success. We strive to provide market-competitive compensation. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skill set, considering a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as internal equity and market data alignment.
In alignment with our Company culture, we will strive to communicate openly about the goals of the Company and the design of the compensation program. The compensation process is designed to be fair and simple so that all Members and managers understand the Company's goals and future career development opportunities for upward mobility.