It is the primary responsibility of the Cage Shift Manager is to manage all cage assets and lead the cage team and property operations toward a successful completion of shift operations including balancing of all banks, while maintaining compliance with all Federal, State and local gaming regulations in addition to the delivering exceptional guest service to all internal and external patrons.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Manage operational functions within the department consistent with the strategic plan and vision for the department and organization
- Focus on achieving the goals of the department using available resources while meeting deadlines related to assigned tasks and projects
- Monitor quality standards within the department, delegate daily workload and scheduling, run shift reports for the department, and verify and approve appropriate transactions in accordance with Internal Control Standards
- Ensure all banks are balanced within the Cage at the end of the shift in accordance with departmental variance policy and reviews all reports and/or forms accurately in compliance with Title 31 and Internal Control Standards
- Manage all Cage Members while on shift; Performing leadership duties including but not limited to interviewing, onboarding, training and development, and corrective action
- Make resourceful decisions with emphasis on guest service, compliance of regulations, and protection of company assets
- Work closely with various department to provide efficient, effective, and an exceptional level of guest service; Collaborate to improve processes around departmental policies and procedures, cash handling, and compliance with all regulatory bodies
- Adhere to and ensure compliance with all AML Standard Operating Procedures, Internal Controls, MICS, and Nevada Gaming Regulations which include Nevada Gaming Control Board, IRS, and Title 31 requirements
- Adhere to and follow all laws and regulations pertaining to underage gambling; Take necessary precautions to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble
- Maintain confidentiality of patron and Member information and pertinent casino data
- Temporary or permanent duties and responsibilities may be added to or modified as deemed necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or related major; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three (3) years prior experience in casino cage and/or casino credit for a large-scale resort and casino while in a leadership position preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Applications and operating systems
- On-going knowledge and understanding of company and departmental policies and procedures, all AML Standard Operating Procedures, Internal Controls, MICS and Nevada Gaming Regulations which include the Nevada Gaming Control Board, IRS, and Title 31, as well as all state and federal regulations
- Ability to make resourceful decisions with emphasis on guest service, compliance of regulations, and protection of company assets
- Maintain composure under pressure and consistently meet deadlines with internal and external customers and contacts
- Ability to work with others, communicate well, give direction, review work of others, provide guidance and counsel when needed to achieve departmental and company goals
- Ability to interact appropriately and effectively with guests, management, other team members, and outside contacts
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively utilizing English, both in spoken and written form
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance and demeanor adhering to company standards
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly, and communicate clearly
- Ability to provide leadership and direction contributing to the success of the organization through engaging, developing, and mentoring individuals and teams
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and engaging environment, while maintaining excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays
This position supervises positions including, but not limited to, Cage Supervisor, Cage Cashier, and Senior Cage Cashier.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas is committed to ensuring an inclusive space and sense of belonging for our Members. We believe our workforce should reflect the vast diversity of the communities we serve, and that diverse voices should be intentionally integrated into our work. We foster a culture of difference and diversity of identity, experience, and perspective, while actively striving for inclusive behaviors across our Company. By promoting these values and continuously pushing for better, we aim to create a positive work environment that encourages equality, inclusion, empowerment, and respect.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Member must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Member is regularly required to stand and use hands and fingers to handle or utilize objects, tools, or controls. The Member frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
The Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Member could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted secondhand tobacco smoke.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas believes in developing and supporting our talent into the future. Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented Members who are the driving force behind the Company's success. We strive to provide market-competitive compensation. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skill set, considering a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as internal equity and market data alignment.
In alignment with our Company culture, we will strive to communicate openly about the goals of the Company and the design of the compensation program. The compensation process is designed to be fair and simple so that all Members and managers understand the Company's goals and future career development opportunities for upward mobility.
$48000 per year - $60000 per year