The Casino Cage Cashier is responsible for accurately facilitating monetary transactions for our internal and external patrons while delivering exceptional guest service with each interaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Perform monetary transactions for internal members and external guests
- Deliver exceptional guest service with each interaction
- Perform functions in all cage bank areas; May also service patron Kiosk units and Member Recycler/JDU units
- Maintain knowledge of all operating systems
- Adhere to all AML Standard Operating Procedures, Internal Controls, MICS and Nevada Gaming Regulations which includes the Nevada Gaming Control Board, IRS, and Title 31
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information, and pertinent casino data
- Adhere to and follow all laws and regulations pertaining to underage gambling
- Take necessary precautions to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble
- Perform monetary transaction with accuracy and efficiency
- Secure and document transactions in accordance with all policies, procedures, and Internal Control Standards
- Inspect and monitor transactions, examining for counterfeit currency, coins, fraudulent identification, credit cards and monetary instruments
- Maintain a safe, clean, organized, and supplied workstation
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job
- Temporary or permanent duties and responsibilities may be added to or modified as deemed necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must have one (1) year cash handling and/or banking experience
- Previous casino cage experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Applications and operating systems
- Maintain composure under pressure and consistently meet deadlines with internal and external customers and contacts
- Ability to interact appropriately and effectively with guests, management, other team members, and outside contacts
- Ability to effectively communicate in English
- Ability to obtain and maintain full knowledge and understanding of company and department rules and regulations, policies and procedures including but not limited to AML Standard Operating Procedures, Internal Controls, MICS and Gaming Regulations
- Maintain a polished well-groomed appearance and demeanor adhering to company standards
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and engaging environment, while maintaining excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas is committed to ensuring an inclusive space and sense of belonging for our Members. We believe our workforce should reflect the vast diversity of the communities we serve, and that diverse voices should be intentionally integrated into our work. We foster a culture of difference and diversity of identity, experience, and perspective, while actively striving for inclusive behaviors across our Company. By promoting these values and continuously pushing for better, we aim to create a positive work environment that encourages equality, inclusion, empowerment, and respect.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Member must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Member is regularly required to stand and use hands and fingers to handle or utilize objects, tools, or controls. The Member frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
The Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces. The Member must also have the ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods of time, stretch, bend, and kneel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Member could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted secondhand tobacco smoke.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas believes in developing and supporting our talent into the future. Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented Members who are the driving force behind the Company's success. We strive to provide market-competitive compensation. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skill set, considering a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as internal equity and market data alignment.
In alignment with our Company culture, we will strive to communicate openly about the goals of the Company and the design of the compensation program. The compensation process is designed to be fair and simple so that all Members and managers understand the Company's goals and future career development opportunities for upward mobility.
$20.50 per hour