The Butler is responsible for providing personalized and anticipatory service to discerning clients, ensuring a seamless and memorable guest experience. The Butler offers bespoke service tailored to individual preferences, while maintaining the highest standards of hospitality, etiquette, and discretion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Greet guests warmly and professionally, creating a welcoming and courteous atmosphere upon their arrival
- Provide personalized and anticipatory service, attending to guests' needs and preferences with attention to detail
- Ensure guest rooms and suites are meticulously prepared and maintained, including arranging amenities, preparing personalized welcome notes, and managing turndown service
- Assist with dining arrangements, serving meals, and offering personalized dining suggestions to guests
- Prepare and serve beverages, including cocktails, wines, and other refreshments, according to guests' preferences
- Offer concierge services, including organizing excursions, transportation, spa appointments, and other personalized requests
- Assist with clothing and wardrobe management, including packing and unpacking, laundry, and pressing services
- Identify and recognize VIP and returning guests, ensuring their preferences and expectations are met and exceeded
- Establish and maintain positive and professional relationships with guests, anticipating their needs and preferences
- Adhere to the highest standards of etiquette and protocol, maintaining an unobtrusive and discreet presence while providing exceptional service
- Assist with the planning and execution of special events, dinners, and celebrations, ensuring a flawless and memorable experience
- Ensure all service areas, including pantries and butler stations, are well-organized and stocked with supplies
- Handle guest concerns or issues with empathy and efficiency, finding timely resolutions or escalating matters to the appropriate management
- Temporary or permanent duties and responsibilities may be added to or modified as deemed necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Previous experience in a luxury hospitality setting, preferably in a similar butler or guest services role, is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience in delivering personalized service and exceeding guest expectations is a significant asset
- Proficiency in multiple languages is a plus
- Strong understanding of personalized service and etiquette
- Maintain a high level of professionalism, be impeccably groomed, poised, and polished, and adhere to the highest standards of etiquette
- Deep passion for serving others and an unwavering commitment to guest satisfaction are fundamental to this role
- Ability to anticipate guests' preferences and provide anticipatory service is vital
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a polished and gracious demeanor
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to understand and respect the customs and preferences of guests from various backgrounds
- Efficient time management and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Discretion and professionalism in handling confidential information and guest interactions
- Exceptional attention to detail to anticipate and fulfill guest needs and preferences
- Knowledge of fine dining, wines, and beverage service protocols
- Ability to collaborate with other resort departments, such as housekeeping, culinary, and front desk, is vital for seamless guest experiences
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, holidays, and weekends
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas is committed to ensuring an inclusive space and sense of belonging for our Members. We believe our workforce should reflect the vast diversity of the communities we serve, and that diverse voices should be intentionally integrated into our work. We foster a culture of difference and diversity of identity, experience, and perspective, while actively striving for inclusive behaviors across our Company. By promoting these values and continuously pushing for better, we aim to create a positive work environment that encourages equality, inclusion, empowerment, and respect.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Member must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Member is regularly required to stand and use hands and fingers to handle or utilize objects, tools, or controls. The Member frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
The Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Member could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted secondhand tobacco smoke.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas believes in developing and supporting our talent into the future. Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented Members who are the driving force behind the Company's success. We strive to provide market-competitive compensation. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skill set, considering a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as internal equity and market data alignment.
In alignment with our Company culture, we will strive to communicate openly about the goals of the Company and the design of the compensation program. The compensation process is designed to be fair and simple so that all Members and managers understand the Company's goals and future career development opportunities for upward mobility.
$24.04 per year