Food & Beverage
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) plays a critical role in supporting the overall operation of the restaurant. Working closely with the General Manager, the AGM helps ensure the smooth day-to-day functioning of the establishment, exceptional customer service, and the achievement of financial and operational goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Assist in recruiting, training, and supervising restaurant staff members, including servers, chefs, and support staff
- Provide leadership and guidance to the team, fostering a positive and collaborative work culture
- Assist in performance evaluations and the implementation of improvement plans
- Support the General Manager in overseeing daily restaurant operations, including opening and closing procedures, inventory management, and sanitation
- Help develop and implement operational policies and procedures to enhance efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Monitor and control food and beverage costs, labor costs, and overall expenses
- Assist in maintaining a high standard of customer service by modeling and promoting a customer-centric attitude among staff
- Address and resolve customer concerns and feedback professionally and in a timely manner
- Ensure a welcoming and comfortable dining environment for guests
- Collaborate with the General Manager in preparing and managing the restaurant's budget, forecasting revenue and expenses
- Monitor financial performance and work to meet or exceed revenue and profit goals
- Contribute to cost-saving initiatives while maintaining quality standards
- Work with the culinary team to contribute to menu development and updates to meet customer preferences and industry trends
- Assist in conducting regular quality control checks to maintain food and beverage standards
- Support the General Manager in developing and executing marketing strategies to attract and retain customers
- Utilize social media, promotions, and advertising to increase brand visibility and revenue
- Foster relationships with local businesses and the community to enhance restaurant reputation
- Temporary or permanent duties and responsibilities may be added to or modified as deemed necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Previous experience in restaurant management or a related role
- Strong leadership, communication, and team-building skills
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Familiarity with restaurant management software and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of food and beverage industry trends
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, holidays, and weekends
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment with high call volume
This position will supervise front of the house Members.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas is committed to ensuring an inclusive space and sense of belonging for our Members. We believe our workforce should reflect the vast diversity of the communities we serve, and that diverse voices should be intentionally integrated into our work. We foster a culture of difference and diversity of identity, experience, and perspective, while actively striving for inclusive behaviors across our Company. By promoting these values and continuously pushing for better, we aim to create a positive work environment that encourages equality, inclusion, empowerment, and respect.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Member must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Member is regularly required to stand and use hands and fingers to handle or utilize objects, tools, or controls. The Member frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
The Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Member could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted secondhand tobacco smoke.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas believes in developing and supporting our talent into the future. Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented Members who are the driving force behind the Company's success. We strive to provide market-competitive compensation. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skill set, considering a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as internal equity and market data alignment.
In alignment with our Company culture, we will strive to communicate openly about the goals of the Company and the design of the compensation program. The compensation process is designed to be fair and simple so that all Members and managers understand the Company's goals and future career development opportunities for upward mobility.
$68000.00 per year - $90000.00 per year